Nuffnang

Saturday 2 July 2011

This week I'm grateful for...

a bunch of random little things that are making me glad this week.

- The Workaholic starting his new job and being a little bored with it already. This is great.  We have been living with his stress from running the company for too long.  The boys are loving him being home before they go to bed.  I know he'll realise the advantage of having breathing space in his work.  He's just been firing on all cylinders 24 hours a day for so long that he doesn't know what to do with the extra down time and brain space he now has!

- Weekly wage - enough said!

- Dropping a day of pre-school so the Little Man gets an extra Mummy day until he starts big school next January.

- Seeing the Little Man genuinely happy again after months of dramas with bad behaviour and an underlying unidentified sadness in everything he has been doing.  This week was amazing, I had almost forgotten how gorgeous he is.  I'm so Glad that it appears it really was just a phase.

- Bathtimes.  Because it has been so cold in the evenings, I have been making the boys have showers in the mornings instead of a bath before bed.  Last night the boys and I got in the tub together and had a lovely time.  I had honestly forgotten how much fun a bath can be.

- And finally, again I am so grateful for my health.  I have mentioned the likelihood of the Little Man's mate losing his Dad to cancer, the latest news is not good.  The little ray of hope we had after his first surgery (to remove a brain tumour) was wiped away when it and the remaining tumour grew while he was on radiation therapy.  He's had the new growth of the original removed, the other is still inoperable and the doctors have him on a trial which may or may not prolong his life.  Knowing that this man who is younger than myself and the Workaholic is probably not going to be around this time next year is tough.  I am so grateful that we are both healthy and we are determined to get fitter and stay healthy for my boys sake.

Sorry for ending on a downer today, but I think that it is things like this that should make us truly grateful for our lot in life.


This post is part of the 'I'm Grateful For' link-up by hosted by Maxabella Loves. Click over and take a look.




1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about your friend, such a tragic thing to happen at any age, but for someone so young..just awful. It just reminds me that we need to live every moment to it's fullest, grab those cuddles & love, be the best people we can, and not take anything for granted. Hope you have many bright and happy moments this weekend, take care ox

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read them all and try very hard to reply.