Nuffnang

Saturday 24 December 2011

Toddlers Out Shopping at Midnight

I have just returned from my last minute Kmart run for the few items that I did not want hanging around the house.  Namely a new sandpit shell and a seesaw, now both hidden away in the garage loo.  I have really taken advantage of our local 24hour Kmart since they changed to round the clock bargains, earlier this year.  It is a child free sanctuary in the evening.  A little wander never goes astray, they have some great stuff and do all their markdowns late in the evening.

Anyway this evening, the eve of Christmas eve, I was disappointed to find my sanctuary over run by toddlers.  I got there at 10 and left just before midnight and I am not exaggerating when I say there would have been 75 to 100 kids in that store when I left.

I know it is Christmas, but I can not imagine having my kids out at midnight, cruising my local Kmart.

What about you?  Is it OK? Normal even?  Or are you like me, just a little bit horrified and tutting under your breathe?

Happy Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I can't believe that! Lucky we're not the parents of those kids... I'd hate the think how tired and grumpy they'd be today! From memory, taking kids to the shops isn't the most fun thing at the best of times, let alone so late on the night before the night before Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I read them all and try very hard to reply.